Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience.
The Vine are a data controller in relation to any personal data that we process in relation to you. Our contact details are set out at the bottom of this privacy notice.
How we collect your personal data
Generally we collect your personal data when you decide to make contact with us. This could include visiting our website www.thevine.co.uk, visiting our restaurant, entering into phone, postal or email correspondence with us such as to make a booking, to participate in any promotion or marketing campaign, or to raise a complaint.
What personal data we collect
Information that you provide us
We only collect information that we consider to be necessary to enable us to conduct our business as a restaurant. We may collect and process the following data that you provide us, to operate effectively and optimise your experience. You are not always required to provide all of the information below and can choose not to do so, though if you decide not to then this may limit the extent to which we are able to provide offers and additional services to you.
The information we collect will depend on how this is obtained from you.
Information via our website
- When using our website (www.thevine.co.uk) you may provide us information by completing an online form or when you report a problem with our site.
- The information you provide us may include your name, address, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, anniversary date, phone number(s), dietary requirements and preferences and financial and credit card information when paying a deposit.
Information when in our restaurant
- The information you provide us may include your name, address, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, anniversary date, phone number(s), dietary requirements and preferences and financial and credit card information when purchasing a gift voucher or paying a deposit.
- We also use CCTV in all of our restaurants which gather personal information regarding your visit.
Information when in correspondence
- You may provide us with information when in correspondence with us by phone, email, participating in online discussion boards, review sites, social media platforms or otherwise.
- The information you provide us may include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, anniversary, phone number(s), any information on your email signature, information regarding your visit or experience with The Vine, personal description and photograph or any other category of information that you share with social media platforms
Information we collect about you
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
Information via our website
- With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information– Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) of your journey to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), page conversion information (such as making an online booking); other technical information relating to your browser and device.
- Our website does not collect personally identifiable information from you or your computer when you simply visit (e.g. browse) and unless you actually provide us with personally identifiable information, we will not know or collect your name, your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information about you.
Information via third parties
- We may collect data about you via selected third parties that we work with when making a booking, social media providers and other online advertising networks (for example Google) through whom we place advertisements. This information includes: details around your booking behaviour, how often you book, when you last booked, what days of the week and times that you book and booking group sizes.
- Details around how you interact with our marketing emails including what emails you open, don’t open and what links you may or may not click within those emails.
- Details provided by other third party providers regarding social media and internet browsing behaviour. This information may be provided to or accessed by a third party analytics company, such as Google Analytics, and used to analyse trends, administer the website, identify and resolve technical issues, and improve the website/application and the overall user experience. It may also be used to create, operate, deliver and improve our products, services, and customer communications. Information gathered through the website is aggregated whenever possible to protect your privacy.
How and why we use personal data
Collecting, using and storing this information in a safe and secure environment enables us to build a bigger and better picture of our customers and ultimately enables us to continually improve as a business. This data enables us to:
- Make our services available to you, and carry out our contract with you
- We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your visit to our restaurants, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and requests you may ask for. Examples of this include making a booking for a table at our restaurant and managing your experience and expectations of The Vine.
- In accordance with our legitimate interests as a restaurant business, to manage and improve our day to day operations:
- Of our restaurant to develop and improve our product range, services, systems and the way we communicate with you. Examples of this include asking for feedback on your experience and carrying out market research
- In accordance with our legitimate interests as a restaurant business, to personalise your experience
By understanding your browsing behaviour on our website as well as through our email communications, matched with your in store visit and experience we can better understand you as a customer and therefore offer you a more personalised experience. Examples of this include providing you with relevant marketing communications, promotional offers, vouchers and other content that we believe you may be interested in. We will only send such communications and offers to you where you have consented to receiving these or to talk to you regarding our services and your experience, for example by phone, email, social media or via a review site.
How the data is stored
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
When is your data shared
There will be times when we share your personal data with other organisations. Where we do share information we only do so when we are sure your rights are respected and data is secured.
In order to better provide our services, we have to work with a number of third parties, for example online reservation systems. These are integral to our business success. However, we only share information with the following organisations:
- External organisations that we work with including companies that build our website, provide our bookings platforms, payment services and our email marketing platform. These companies, along with their Privacy Policies are listed in the section above.
- Professional advisors if and when required for example by lawyers to provide advice and maintain security.
- Regulatory or Law Enforcement Agencies This might include CCTV footage for instance.
Retention and security
We will keep your personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we are holding that personal data.
At any time, you have the following rights:
- To obtain from us a copy of your personal data, free of charge, together with additional information about the processing of that data by us
- To have inaccurate or out of date personal data about you corrected
- To object to the processing of personal data
- To restrict the processing of personal data
- To have your personal data erased
- To prevent direct marketing
- To prevent fully automated decision making and profiling
- To have personal data transmitted to another organisation.
Further detail in relation to each of these rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please write to:
152 Roebuck Street
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within every email that we send there is a clear, one click unsubscribe link, which will automatically remove you from any email based marketing and promotional communications you receive. You may still receive communication from our third parties when you have used their services, for example an email to confirm an online booking.
If you would like to raise any complaint in relation to our handling of your personal data then we request that you please contact us in the first instance at:
152 Roebuck Street
You can also email us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to our policy